Once MFA (multi factor authentication) has been enabled on a Workspace, you will need to follow the instructions below in order to set this up:
- On first sign in you will see the message below explaining what MFA is for and the different methods you can use.
- After closing this message you will see the 2 options you can use to set up MFA, SMS or Mobile App:
- If you select the SMS method, you will be asked to enter your mobile number, first selecting the Country Code (default is UK +44)
- Once you submit your mobile number you will receive a SMS text message with the following format, "Here is your Egress Workspace authentication code: 123456". Once you enter this number you will be authenticated into the Secure Workspace. This is also the screen you will see when returning to the Secure Workspace at a later date.
- If you select the Mobile Application method,you will be asked to scan the onscreen 3D barcode in your chosen Mobile Authenticator. Once scanned a 6 digit code will be displayed on the your mobile phone. Enter that number into the verification box and click Verify. Once you enter this number you will be authenticated into the Secure Workspace.
- After each log in you will see the following screen and need to enter the code from your chose Mobile Authenticator.
If you enter an invalid token you will receive the error "INVALID TOKEN" and will be asked to try again.