A default deployment of the Egress add-in keeps it possible for users to disable the Egress add-in in Outlook or other Office applications manually.
Administrators can override this setting by enabling the relevant group policy setting. This will prevent users from manually disabling the add-in.
- Open the Group Policy Editor and check that the Office Administrative Templates are installed. These can be located in User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outlook [YEAR] > Miscellaneous.
If they are not installed, the administrative templates for Microsoft are available at the below URLs:
Office 2016: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49030
Office 2013: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?Id=35554
Office 2010: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=18968
- Ensure that 'List of managed add-ins' setting is set to 'Enabled'.
- Select Show... in the 'List of managed add-ins'.
- Write Egress.Switch and set the value to 1. This will ensure the add-in cannot be disabled.
- Alternatively, it's possible to deploy the registry key out via GPO. The Registry Key type should be REG_SZ.