The error message you are getting: 'Could not load file or assembly 'office, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.' tells us that your user account does not have the correct intended permissions to view and read a Microsoft Office file that is needed to use our add-in.
Please pass the following details to your IT department as you will need administrative rights to ensure you have the correct permissions:
- takeown /F C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\office\184.108.40.206__71e9bce111e9429c\OFFICE.dll
- icacls C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\office\220.127.116.11__71e9bce111e9429c\OFFICE.dll /q /c /t /grant Users:F
- takeown /F C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook\18.104.22.168__71e9bce111e9429c\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll
- icacls C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook\22.214.171.124__71e9bce111e9429c\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll /q /c /t /grant Users:F
Once the correct permissions have been granted, please open Outlook and enable the Egress Switch Outlook Add-in:
- Click ‘File’ from the Outlook toolbar and select ‘Options’.
- Select ‘Add-ins’ and you will see a list of active, inactive and disabled add-ins.
- If the Switch Add-in appears in the disabled list, select the drop down menu at the bottom of the screen and select ‘Disabled Add-ins’ and then click ‘Go’.
- Select the Switch Add-in and click ‘Enable'. Then click ‘Close’.
- Click the drop down menu and select ‘COM Add-ins’ and then click ‘Go’.
- Ensure that ‘Egress Switch’ is ticked and click ‘OK’ (A restart of Outlook may be required).