The error message you are getting: 'Could not load file or assembly 'office, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.' tells us that your user account does not have the correct intended permissions to view and read a Microsoft Office file that is needed to use our add-in.
Please pass the following details to your IT department as you will need administrative rights to ensure you have the correct permissions. The following needs to be run in command prompt:
takeown /F C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\office\220.127.116.11__71e9bce111e9429c\OFFICE.dll
icacls C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\office\18.104.22.168__71e9bce111e9429c\OFFICE.dll /q /c /t /grant Users:F
takeown /F C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook\22.214.171.124__71e9bce111e9429c\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll
icacls C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook\126.96.36.199__71e9bce111e9429c\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll /q /c /t /grant Users:F
Once the correct permissions have been granted, please open Outlook and enable the Egress Switch Outlook Add-in:
- Click ‘File’ from the Outlook toolbar and select ‘Options’.
- Select ‘Add-ins’ and you will see a list of active, inactive and disabled add-ins.
- If the Switch Add-in appears in the disabled list, select the drop down menu at the bottom of the screen and select ‘Disabled Add-ins’ and then click ‘Go’.
- Select the Switch Add-in and click ‘Enable'. Then click ‘Close’.
- Click the drop down menu and select ‘COM Add-ins’ and then click ‘Go’.
- Ensure that ‘Egress Switch’ is ticked and click ‘OK’ (A restart of Outlook may be required).