MLA (Multi Layer Authentication) can be set to your organisations Egress accounts to enable them to send password protected emails. This could be configured to have a password set through the full organisation or created by the individual each time they send a secure email.
The guide below is to help you locate the password that was set should you forget what was set.
How to send a secure email with added MLA:
- Create a new email within Outlook.
- Select the classification which has MLA applied (configurable):
- Once your email is filled out and ready to send, click the Send button. This will bring up the MLA prompt box. This will have the pre-determined question and you can then set the "answer" which the recipient will need to enter upon opening your email:
How to find what "answer" was set on a sent email:
- Log into your Egress Administration panel at https://switch.egress.com
- On the left hand side, select Sent Packages
- Use the date tabs to find the email that you want to check and click the Package Label of that email:
- On the details tab you can check the password used in the Tag field: